Google's AdSense left me hanging out to dry.
Clicks but no credit.
Goodbye Google; Confession:
I am just too poor.
Yes, I wrote a senryu about my Google AdSense problems. Why? Because Google's customer service is non-existent, and I needed to vent. "Help" forums are not an adequate solution to customers' problems.
I used to love all things Google. Then there was Google snafu #1. No one from Google or the help forum helped me. I finally was able to resolve my problem through my own struggles and help from Michael M at Enom.com. Now there is Google snafu #2. I'm thinking that maybe I need to move away from Google products and find something with better customer service. I'm begging all readers to give your input as to what has gone wrong and what my options, especially viable alternatives, are. My problem is summarized below.
I believe that I am not getting credit for clicks on my Google AdSense advertisements. I have independent statistics from Statcounter.com, which reflect occasional clicks on my ads in the "exit link activity" category. These clicks are not reflected in AdSense. In July, I've only received one click, according to AdSense. Here is a summary of clicks reflected in Statcounter that I believe I should be paid for:
- 07/27/11. Visitor from Aurora, CO. Found my site through search on Google for "talking with a deceased friend". Clicked on 300x250 AdSense ad, according to Statcounter exit link activity
- 07/25/11. Visitor from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Found my site by clicking on my Google Friend Connect profile on another blog. Clicked on 468x60 AdSense ad, according to Statcounter exit link activity.
- 07/25/11. Visitor from Mumbai, India. Found my site from a link on another blog. Clicked on 300x250 AdSense ad, according to Statcounter exit link activity.
- 07/23/11. Visitor from Brooklyn, New York. No referring link in Statcounter stats. I don't know how this visitor found my site because I don't know anyone in Brooklyn. Clicked on 300x250 AdSense ad, according to Statcounter exit link activity.
- 07/20/11. Visitor from Whittier, California. Found my blog through my Blogger profile page. Clicked on 468x60 AdSense ad, according to Statcounter exit link activity.
Someone on the Google Help forum suggested that Statcounter can consider a mouseover a "click", but I don't think that's correct. Statcounter keeps stats on the path of each visitor, length of visit, etc. But in the examples listed above, Statcounter treated the visit as ended because the person left my site.
So, here are my questions for my dear readers:
- Does anyone know what the problem could be?
- Do you know how to report this problem directly to Google, rather than posting in the help forums?
- What are good alternatives to AdSense that actually pay you for legitimate clicks? I know I can sell my own ads, ask for donations, etc., but I'm looking for a program of contextual or otherwise ads that will pay me when my site's readers click on them.